Friday 30 October 2015

S-SE winds/high pressure

Interesting conditions bringing mild and damp weather that looks set to continue including on my days off in the week. Could be promising....

Slight random moment yesterday: my work takes me to different places locally on the Island, and whilst washing up in a house in Ryde , I suddenly looked out of the window only to clock a BLACK REDSTART alight a fence. Only momentarily there mind, before flying off. Had a brief look around the neighbouring properties but not to be seen again.

Reminded me of a wheatear I saw in Wootton about a month ago, also whilst on my rounds, which was quite an in-land sighting as they're probably more a coastal migrant.


Wheatear - September in Wootton
 

My impression of the fleeting encounter with a black redstart
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blyth's Reed Warbler (Ventnor Downs)

Heard another vocal 'acro' this morning ( 26/06 ), along Bonchurch Road (north side of Nansen Hill, Ventnor Downs) at around 08:45am...