Monday 28 September 2015

SCP

Gorgeous weather at the moment with high pressure and easterlies, so heading to the coast was a no brainer really. Got there later than I'd planned after deciding to get up early and see the eclipsed blood 'super moon' and going back to bed before getting up again for a morning out.

Save hirundines, mipits and alba wags moving it was fairly quiet about St cath's. Wheatear about and grey wag over.
The highlight though was almost stepping on a female/imm merlin; it was on the f/p leading down to rocken end. It was initially looking away from me, but as soon we made eye contact, and despite me standing dead still, it took off, circled, and headed east out of sight.

 03:17


 White wash: despite being the closest I've ever been to a merlin, this was all I got of it.


 
 
Tracking my brother on a daily basis: wonder what he's seen at sea and along the coast
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blyth's Reed Warbler (Ventnor Downs)

Heard another vocal 'acro' this morning ( 26/06 ), along Bonchurch Road (north side of Nansen Hill, Ventnor Downs) at around 08:45am...