Spring firsts..
Always nice to see your first returning common migrants. On my first day off of my second holiday period, and with the weather looking to change imminently, I thought I'd head to the west wight.
Whilst driving along the middle road towards Freshwater, cruising seemingly along side me was a hirundine - my first swallow of the year. Possibly my earliest one too. I also caught up with some wheatears on west high down, all male ones, on a date that it is quite late for me - I'll blame my recent cold that put me out of action for a bit for that anomaly. Otherwise pretty quiet. Winds are changing to more southerly soon though....
Thursday, 24 March 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Long-tailed Blue and Honey Buzzard
A lepidoptera highlight (and Island tick for me) was a Long-tailed Blue at Wheelers Bay today, favouring Sweetpea along the south-facing sl...
-
This morning (May 22nd) a head wind dropped a couple of things near Luccombe Chine : a Reed warbler and this singing Nightingale hidden in ...
-
c200 - but 1000s can be on the move so not quite the spectacle it couldve been. juv Brent grey wag in a tree ...









No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.