Thursday 11 June 2015

Blue skies and hobbies

A nice afternoon that felt more like a proper June day, and with a bit more time to kill, I ventured back to Brading Nr. Two hobbies hawking over Laundry lane and the marsh was fantastic viewing.

 falco subbuteo
 This sequence shows a real close encounter, taken with my smartphone cam. I could hear its wings it was that close. As you can you just about make out it was an unsuccessful attempt at catching its prey on this occasion, but maybe my close proximity put it off! Its closeness and incoming speed made me recoil a bit too.








Digiscoped

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blyth's Reed Warbler (Ventnor Downs)

Heard another vocal 'acro' this morning ( 26/06 ), along Bonchurch Road (north side of Nansen Hill, Ventnor Downs) at around 08:45am...