Friday 19 January 2018

Shalfleet

Yesterday (18th) I had a look around the Shalfleet area. When my brother visited recently, and we'd drove passed the Shalfleet church just off the main road, he had remarked how good it looked for hawfinch, with its surrounding yews etc. Fast forward a couple of weeks and my first attempt at finding said bird there was successful, with at least one Hawfinch in the trees (cheers bro!). 

I also walked to the Quay for no particular reason other than I haven't done it for a very long time, probably not since we were nippers. And a casual scan across the Newtown river produced a male merlin perched in the sunshine - a lovely moment.


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blyth's Reed Warbler (Ventnor Downs)

Heard another vocal 'acro' this morning ( 26/06 ), along Bonchurch Road (north side of Nansen Hill, Ventnor Downs) at around 08:45am...