Tuesday 23 August 2016

shanklin down

Last day off before work starts again (groan), and was tempted just to lie in bed all morning, but during autumn migration?! so headed for Shanklin early doors. Gave it a cursory bash: gorgeous weather-wise, a familiar call graced me not long into the walk, that of a tree pipit going over with another one heard later on. Not much change up top really, only in the numbers, with many spot fc and redstarts about now, and other birders reported at least one pied fly. One garden warbler revealed itself briefly.

Going back to last week there was a phyllosc calling on Shanklin down that grabbed my attention, as I thought it sounded almost sibe-like; obviously not very likely given the time of year etc, but as I've videoed it I thought I'd upload it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blyth's Reed Warbler (Ventnor Downs)

Heard another vocal 'acro' this morning ( 26/06 ), along Bonchurch Road (north side of Nansen Hill, Ventnor Downs) at around 08:45am...