Monday, 6 June 2016

WHISKERED TERN! Brading NR

Had a Tern sp. this morning distantly at Brading Marsh (over  the pools SW of Carpenters Farm/New Bridge). Not being overly confident, from afar I thought it was just a common tern milling about?! - the odd one does turn up in the area. However, this evening whilst reviewing my pics and vid (I'd just been casually testing out a new camera!) something wasn't right?! I started thinking WHISKERED. I quickly sent images to my brother and it was quickly confirmed as one. Nice! And only the second record for the Island...








To quote another birder 'look at those cheeks!'



Upper







A far superior shot by local photographer John Caws

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

PACIFIC GOLDEN PLOVER

A Pacific Golden Plover was found on October 13th at Western Yar near Yarmouth and yesterday (15th) I caught up with it. A great rarity fi...